Join Love the Game
As a Love the Game sporting club member, your club is taking a stand against sports betting sponsorship and helping juniors to love the game, not the odds. Signing up only takes two minutes, join now.
Club presidents and committee members can register on behalf of their club.
Not part of your club’s committee? Share this page with them so they can get involved.
By joining, your club will:
- refuse to take revenue from sports betting providers
- enhance its reputation by taking a stand against sports betting sponsorship
- demonstrate leadership in tackling an issue of community concern
- signal that its culture is one that prioritises the wellbeing of our next generation
- become part of a community of elite and local sporting clubs.
Love the Game partners receive:
- resources to promote your club as a healthy and safe place
- invitations to events and activities, including education sessions
- opportunities to participate in Love the Game theme rounds
- fun give-aways and merchandise
- access to a gambling action plan to implement in your club
- support and regular updates.
Any sporting club or sporting organisation can join the Love the Game program if they:
- agree to not accept revenue from sports betting providers as part of the program’s charter,
- compete in a recognised sporting competition
- are a committee member (or equivalent) and authorised to sign their club up.
Note: Clubs that receive revenue from gambling-related sources other than sports betting providers are not precluded from joining the program, but partners are encouraged to explore opportunities for alternative funding sources.
If you are unsure about your club’s eligibility to join Love the Game, contact us by email at email@example.com
You’ve decided to take a stand against sports betting sponsorships and sign up to Love the Game, so what happens next?
We encourage new members to create a gambling harm prevention policy to implement at your club. Together with your committee members, you can select from a list the actions your club will take to prevent and reduce gambling harm.
The club will have access to a range of free resources, including social media messages, web banners and educational videos ready to use and promote at any time of your choosing.
Every year, we host a Love the Game round in which all our partners are invited to participate. The aim is to raise awareness about the risks associated with sports betting and encourage young people to love the game, not the odds.
We are always available to support you – simply drop us an email if you have any questions or need any assistance.